Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
At TONS, we are looking for a passionate, talented and experienced Ruby on Rails engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work on a unique, cutting-edge product that already disturbed local grocery markets in the Middle East. We have received tons (pun intended) of recognition and interest from our peers and partners and we keep on growing.
Who are we?
We are TONS, one of the fastest growing online grocery apps in the Middle East. We are a small team of highly motivated and efficient people and we constantly push the limit of what’s possible in the groceries segment in the Middle East.
We value collaboration and communication skills, keeping in mind that informal culture makes it way much easier. We pride ourselves on getting things done and our motto is to work smarter, not harder.
Joining TONS means
- being a part of highly motivated and talented team
- being involved in the apps growth - you own it as we do!
- working in a startup atmosphere - you’re in charge of your work and personal growth
- flexible workspace - work wherever you want, whenever you want
This role is for you if
- you have 3+ years of experience in software development
- you spent 2+ years of your career developing commercial Ruby on Rails apps
- you are proficient in Ruby and Rails
- you are using writing Rspec tests like a pro
- you know how to deploy to Heroku and AWS
- you have experience working with REST APIs
- you have experience in building and maintaing REST APIs
- you know how and when to use architectural patterns
- you are an expert in version control (Git)
You should also
- be ready to lead the project and contribute as much as we do
- fluently communicate with other team members in spoken (daily standups) and written (Slack/Skype) English
- be self-organised and take control of your daily routine
- be familiar with agile methodologies like Scrum
- be ready to work on bug fixing and application performance improvements
We would also appreciate
- experience working with ElasticSearch
- experience working with CI (preferably able to setup a new one)
- experience working with common Ruby Backends (Spree/Shopify)
- eye for detail, design skills
- experience in working with JSON:API
DON’T HESITATE AND APPLY RIGHT AWAY!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, JUST DROP US A LINE.